Data Entry Operator I
- Operates a data entry device to key and/or verify a variety of standard and/or complex business data into a computer.
- Retrieve, confirm and update data in storage.
- Maintain logs of messages to and from computers.
- Detect errors by the use of verifying procedures and make changes as instructed.
- May transcribe data from source material into computer-compatible format.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from credit card applications into computer following format displayed on screen.
- Keys according to specific procedures and training, while maintaining 8, 000 keystrokes per hour with 98% accuracy and tracking individual productivity daily.
- Develops a general understanding of data entry systems and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - Typically No Relevant Experience Required –
- Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments.