Database Services Supervisor
Job Title: Database Services Supervisor
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Fulltime / Permanent
Interview Process – Telephonic Interview followed by In-person interview
· This position reports to the Manager of Database Services and has overall responsibility for the successful leadership and management of Database Administrators whose mission is to provide best in class database platforms and services for our customers.
· Leveraging the team' s technical expertise, data expertise, and company product knowledge, provides secure, resilient, and adaptive database solutions for stakeholders via customer service focus, operational excellence, and continuous innovation.
· Helps define the strategies and leads the initiatives to operationalize and onboard database technologies, engineered systems, and database tools.
· Cultivates a staff to meet strategic and tactical database needs of the enterprise.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads an organization of technical professionals and managers responsible for providing database as a service to our internal stakeholders. Database technologies and tools include Oracle, Sql Server, Engineered Systems, Oracle Golden Gate, IIDR, and more.
· Staffs, directs and mentors database administrators to ensure effective management of database systems solutions that support the information requirements of the business.
· Responsible for workforce planning for the Database Administration team, and for appropriately identifying and developing successors for this position and its direct reports' positions.
· Accomplishes staff results by setting and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, mentoring; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Helps create business strategies for long-term and short-term strategic objectives. Develops and executes goals aligned with the strategy and the organization. Monitors and drives results of initiatives and KPIs.
· Aligns technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices and business needs. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
· Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas and emerging database technologies. Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
· Works with other Technology Organization departments to understand business needs and project pipeline, and ensures appropriate allocation of resources to meet demand.
· Provides coordination of staff to work closely with portfolio and business unit developers to design, implement, tune and troubleshoot database solutions for new development projects, enhancements to existing solutions, and implementation of purchased vendor packages
· Provides significant coordination with database administrators, developers, and infrastructure support groups for operating system upgrades, software upgrades, migrations, and hardware replacements.
· Provides coordination of problem resolution, root cause analysis, maintenance, and planned outages.
· Provides coordination of disaster recovery planning and testing.
· Ensures the availability and performance of database environments across the enterprise as per the service level agreements to provide consistent information management services to our customers.
· Helps accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action. Includes labor, training, maintenance, professional services, capital, and T&E.
· Collaborates with other Technology Organization Management responsible for development, security, quality assurance, infrastructure planning, support, systems/server administration, business continuity and release management to meet the objectives of the Technology Organization.
· Serves as company representative and subject matter expert with strategic technology partners and vendors of database products and services.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional communities.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Advanced degree preferred.
· 5-8+ years' experience in Database Administration and 2+ years' experience managing a Database Administration team.
· Strong communication, leadership, organization, and collaboration skills.
· Experience with application development and delivery as well as selection, procurement, and integration of third-party package and custom technology products.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Information Technology business model.
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including building a strong, results-oriented team.
· Proven track record of achieving measurable business results working with and through others, including geographically dispersed teams.
· Knowledge of the budgeting process and business budget requirements.
· Proven analytical skills, problem solving skills, and project management