Enterprise Solutions Planning & Enablement Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full Time.
- The Enterprise Solutions Planning & Enablement Manager' s primary responsibility is to oversee the governance, change management and training, communications, and lifecycle planning activities of the department and to ensure they align with the business strategy and objectives of the business partners supported by this position - Accounting/Finance/Treasury, E&CS, Client Company Generation, Client Nuclear, Client LINC, Client Power and Supply Chain. This position is a key contributor in the decision making process to ensure a seamless technology operation according to compliance, financial, legal, regulatory, and security requirements. The position also provides strategic planning for existing and new technology solutions, and actively participates as a representative for Client Company in technology industry groups in support of the defined business partners.
The position assumes ownership for all technology governance activities which impact the solutions that are developed and supported for the Enterprise Solutions business partners. The incumbent is responsible for change management, end user training, and communications to ensure that business users are prepared to effectively utilize the applications and associated business processes. The position leverages business, technical, and consulting resources from across the technology organization, the business, and through external partners to ensure that new business opportunities are analyzed to determine fit and viability for the business partners. The position is responsible for coordinating with other resources in the technology organization and across the business to develop comprehensive application lifecycle plans. The position will oversee technology leadership team planning across the Enterprise Solutions COEs on behalf of its business partners. The scope of work includes: partnering with the ES COE managers and analysts to plan for the life cycle of applications in Enterprise Solutions; providing project oversight; assisting in the purchase and implementation of vendor packages; managing the staff that handles the governance, change management and training, communications, and lifecycle planning; staying abreast of emerging technologies; developing expertise in the business area and effectively applying the knowledge gained within the technology organization; ensuring effective resource planning; managing and developing managers, team leads and staff; effectively managing the budget for the position' s department; and developing effective relationships with peers and supervisors to optimize the success of the entire organization. This manager provides leadership and influence through active participation in business partner activities. It includes leadership and management responsibility for a team of approximately 9 to 13 full-time employees, as well as contract and consulting resources.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field is strongly preferred. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 5+ years of successfully leading governance, change management, communications, and lifecycle planning activities for enterprise-wide ERP solutions.
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience providing the previously mentioned services for technology solutions within the Enterprise Solutions suite of applications. 5+ years' supervisory and performance management experience.
- Prior experience in successfully creating a culture of change in an organization is required.
- Demonstrated good business judgment with ability to formulate strategic and operational business plans. Proven experience in technology related strategic planning and project management. Comprehensive experience working with application development methodologies/processes and technologies is required.
- Working knowledge of public utilities, accounting/finance/treasury, financials, budgeting, work management, procurement, and inventory management processes is desirable. Proven experience developing initiatives and delivering results on time and within budgets.
- Has worked across functions in technology or in the business. Has developed effective working relationships with employees, peers, and management. Broad technical and functional knowledge of the key business applications utilized within the Enterprise Solutions footprint is required (Oracle EBS, Maximo, PowerPlan, PeopleSoft).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Information Technology business model. Ability to drive change at a departmental level. Establishes and maintains strong partnerships/working relationships with other areas of the technology organization, SSS, business organizations, external vendors, and suppliers.
- Responsible for attracting, developing, retaining, and managing a diverse group of technical employees. Responsible for hiring, performance management, and terminations, and for providing daily work direction, feedback and coaching to their direct reports. Responsible for workforce planning for their area of responsibility, and for appropriately identifying and developing successors for this position and its direct reports' positions.
- Facilitates the development of employees from both a technical and Subject Matter Expertise viewpoint. Mentors and coaches employees towards superior performance. Actively engages in workforce planning to maximize human resources and prepare for future opportunities.