IT Field Operations
Location: Valdosta, GA
Duration: 6+ Months contract
- The IT Field Operations BLT Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance (both hardware and software) and project support of Organizations Company' s leased and purchased PCs, laptops and printers.
- These systems are installed, maintained and repaired in accordance with established standards, service levels and operational processes.
- Two-year degree (college/technical/vocational) or equivalent hands-on experience in computer systems or information technology is required.
- Two-year degree (college/technical/vocational) or equivalent hands-on experience in electronics is preferred.
- Understanding of local area networks in a VoIP environment is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair PC hardware, operating systems, and associated peripheral and software components.
- Must have proficiency with Windows XP, Windows 7 and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter with good time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interfacing with customers to schedule work and ensure that customer expectations are met upon completion of work.
- Responsible for interfacing with other IT groups related to problems and installations as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and effectively prioritizing a large number of work requests.
- Responsible for maintaining current images on media. Responsible for keeping abreast of current installation procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to billing and performance processes and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate equipment inventories.
- Responsible for installing standard, endorsed or certified off the shelf software and/or hardware devices, and provide minimal onsite training to get the client started.
- Responsible for operating a company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Responsible for performing monthly vehicle safety inspections.
- Daily travel between hub site and other GPC sites.