IT Infrastructure Analyst
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: Fulltime / Permanent
- This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting add-on software in support of application infrastructure. These add-on software products include Web Servers, MiddleWare/Mid-tier Servers, Search Products, Web Traffic Reporting and Analysis software, Content Publishing, Citrix/Terminal Services, Load Balancing and Application Delivery appliances, Application Firewalls, DNS/DHCP Services, Certificate provisioning, Enterprise Integration Broker software, etc.
- The position performs and coordinates engineering and support efforts to ensure that business solutions are implemented and supported requiring infrastructure integration services. The position works closely with Infrastructure Solutions personnel to insure proper engineering, implementation and configuration of new technologies. The position works closely with the Development Consulting and the Business Intelligence and Integration group in Application Services to insure implementation of application integration strategies. The position works closely with the IT Service Center and IOC to ensure that proper procedures are in place to support end-user requests and to populate the IT Knowledge Base. The position provides technical expertise and guidance to maintain the performance, reliability, stability and security of production application infrastructure.
- Engineers, Installs, configures and supports Middleware application infrastructure for high available and mission critical multiple projects
- Troubleshoots problems involving application infrastructure, add-on software and performs Root Cause Analysis
- Administers middleware and application Infrastructure add-on software on a daily basis
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion
- Identify, develop, validate and document work processes that increase team effectiveness.
- Responsible for standard operations and maintenance support activities such as patch installation, software upgrades, log diagnostics and system monitoring.
- Monitor performance and identify performance improvement options
- Provide second-level support to other areas, both within and out of IT
- Diagnose and resolve client problems within service level time frames
- Strong hands on experience to implement SSL solution for the application and middleware technology including SSL cert procurement, manipulation, SSL integration and troubleshooting.
- Manage all Production and non-Production environments, ensuring a stable test environment and smooth code propagation.
- Automates system administration tasks and scripting.
- Ensures daily support and a high level of 24x7x365 service availability.
- Independently performs complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation.
- Develop and implement project plans according to Infrastructure Services guidelines
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Expertise in either Windows or Linux operating systems and working knowledge of the other.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Over 5 years of experience in Middleware application servers including WebSphere 8.5.5, Oracle WebLogic server 12c, JBoss 10.X, Tomcat 8.X in cluster high-availability and non-cluster environments.
- Over 5 years of experience in install/configuration/troubleshoot of Apache, IBM HTTP Server, IPlanet/SunOne Web server, IIS on windows and UNIX/LINUX platforms.
- Strong experience with automation of environment administration by implementing monitoring scripts using Python, Jython, wsadmin, Weblogic.Admin utility, WLST, Deployment Scripts using ANT, Custom startup scripts, Log rotation scripts, Perl.
- knowledge of different network protocols and best implementation strategies, Firewall rules, Networking routes, Network sniffing.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, Process documentation, Testing fail over scenarios, Business solutions, Environment inventory management, Environment enhancements, change control process for production releases, Implementation Plan for production.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL Server, PL/SQL and SQL query language. Knowledge of Oracle RAC architecture and implementation a plus.
- Knolwedge of software monitoring tools like Compuware Dynatrace, Wily introscope a plus.
- Knowledge of Client-PPM migration tool a plus.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineering, installation and maintenance of application infrastructure and systems.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
- Provide full life-cycle management for application infrastructure and systems.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
- Participate in departmental initiatives.
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.