Info Security Consultant
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
Contract Duration: (Contract to Hire)
- The BISO is a trusted technical advisor to assigned Business Units and provides valuable guidance around information security policies, procedures, technologies and compliance-related activities.
- The BISO must understand Business objectives and technologies and seek ways to enhance a culture of security within the business. The BISO is a true team leader who possesses excellent customer and interpersonal skills, blended with an above average security expertise and aptitude.
- The BISO works closely with Business Units to provide proactive support to prevent negative issues from occurring.
- The BISO plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Information Security is considered and viewed as a key business partner in the successful operation of the Business. Additionally, the BISO will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other Information Security teams who will be interacting with their Business units.
- The BISO is responsible for working successfully with key stakeholders at multiple levels in order to identify and align Business and Information Security objectives, Client pain points, provide recommendations, and recognize current and future security needs.
- Functions as a delivery manager and aggregator for information security services with assigned Business Units
- Lead information security Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with Business and generates relevant reporting and metrics
- Partner with and trusted advisor to assigned Business Units on all things relating to information security and related compliance issues
- Monitor and report on Business Unit requests of information security and the resulting impact to assigned Business Units
- Perform vendor and internal technical assessments and assist the Business Unit in the remediation of findings
- Perform PCI Physical Security and other compliance assessments as assigned
- Engage in client meetings as needed (audits, pre-sales, QBR, etc.)
- Engage in Incident Response activities and investigations as needed
Bachelor' s Degree - Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Info Security, or related field. Or relevant work experience.
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp - Professional certifications CISSP(Certified Information System Security Professional), CISM(Certified Information Security Manager), CISA(Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor), GSEC(GIAC Security Essentials), Network +, Security + SKILLS
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- JWorks on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of int
- Four year college degree (Computer Science, Info Security, or related field) and eight years professional experience or ten or more years professional experience is required.
- CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification required.
- Threat Management Center (TMC)
- Preferred: Network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC, or Windows experience is preferred.
- Common security operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Event Management systems, and anti-virus collection logs preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs (PCI, SOX, GLBA, etc.) preferred.
- Programming experience in C/C++, Java, .NET, Csh, Python, Perl, etc. Preferred. Architectural Engineering
- Preferred: Possess strong knowledge, understanding, and experience in information technology, data security, application development, and network architecture.
- Strong desire to maintain in depth knowledge by obtaining or maintaining professional certifications (e.G. CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, Network +, Security +). Vulnerability
- Preferred: Strong knowledge of web applications and network infrastructure development preferred. CISSP, CISA, CISM or other similar certifications preferred