Infrastructure Cap Eng Anyst I
Location: Atlanta, GA / Birmingham AL
Position Type: 6 months with possibility to PERM
This position is responsible for:
· Strategy, planning, roadmaps, and working with other organizations on lifecycle planning
· Strategic relationships with key infrastructure vendors
· Research industry guidance, frameworks, and best practices
· Lead efforts in conjunction with other organizations around:
· Setting and revising standards
· Creating reference architectures, engineering templates, and pre-engineered solutions
· Design/engineering of extremely complex infrastructure
· Partner with Infrastructure Consultants on the design/engineering of new infrastructure for which standards do not yet exist
· Lead infrastructure standards teams/committees relevant to platform and integration technologies
· Contribute to best practices sharing, such as capacity planning
· Collaborate with other architects in Infrastructure Services and other Technology organizations
· Communications, awareness, and high-level education about technology strategy
· The technology areas in scope for this position are those supported by the Computing Services Platform Support team and the Computing Services Infrastructure Integration team, which include Microsoft BizTalk, Oracle SOA Suite, IBM MQ Series, CA AutoSys, HPE LoadRunner, Apache and IIS web servers, WebSphere, WebLogic, DNS, DHCP, F5 Local Traffic Manager, F5 Global Traffic Manager, FTP, and internal Platform as a Service infrastructure.
· Extremely strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with all platform and integration technologies, and basic understanding of the technologies owned by Computing Services and
· Ability to define and articulate the " big picture” long-term vision for the infrastructure, and develop short term plans to achieve it.
· Ability to analyze information from multiple sources for complex problem resolution.
· Ability to design / engineer infrastructure solutions to maximize availability while minimizing cost.
· Ability to create and evaluate reference technical architectures and ensure enterprise-wide buy-in, adoption, adherence and implementation
· Ability to organize tasks and coordinate various employees, vendor / contractors, and customers / partners to meet project goals.
· Ability to work independently, prioritizing major tasks by overall impact to the company.
· Ability to communicate and work with all levels of management, vendors, and other internal and external groups.
· Ability to effectively to lead committees and teams, train personnel, and make presentations.
· Understanding of rules and regulations that govern the use of technology, such as NERC CIP, Sarbanes-Oxley and FCC licensing, as well as internal policies
· Bachelor' s in Computer Science or an Engineering field strongly preferred; four (4) years of relevant technical experience is an acceptable substitute.
· A minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of service (depending on job level), providing architecture, engineering and/or support for in-scope technologies. When relevant technical experience is substituted for a degree, the minimum experience requirement increases by four (4) years.
· Ability to simplify complex subjects in a way that can be easily understood by less technical audiences
· Recognition of cyber security threats and risks, and importance of protecting the infrastructure
· Capacity to learn and apply new technologies and concepts
· Superb diagnostic, troubleshooting, analysis and problem-solving skills