Junior Project Manager
Location: Birmingham, AL
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Bachelor' s degree in related field highly desirable
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing low to medium complexity IT infrastructure and/or telecommunications projects in a matrix resource environment
- Project Management Professional (CAPM) certification preferred
- Knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
- Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting.
- Proven ability and determination to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience, leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and provide work direction to a project team to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project.
- Serve as project communication clearing house for all formal project status reporting
- Develop and maintain all project manager deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage interaction between the customer, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
- Manage the project change control process, status reporting, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
- Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work.
- Occasional travel required; < 25%