Lead Systems Engineer (DevOps)
Boca Raton, FL
- Manages infrastructure related to networks and related hardware and software to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance .
- Ability to use a broad portfolio of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS and MS Azure is required: RDS, EBS, S3, EC2, Cloud Watch, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Formation, Glacier, VPC construction, Security Group Policies)
Extensive knowledge of multi-tiered application stacks (primarily Java based) with a mixture of technologies; including Apache, WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss.
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery, high availability and other technologies and principles that support business continuity; experience with DR capabilities in virtualized and/or cloud environments
- Working knowledge of Internet Protocols, Networking, and TCP/IP
- Strong background in Linux Administration
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (Perl, Python, Bash, Shell)
- Experience leveraging and supporting log monitoring tools: Splunk, ElasticSearch
- Experience with the following are desirable; Dynatrace, Wireshark
- Proven experience with DevOps tools; Git, Jenkins, Ansible
- Familiarity with containerization & orchestration; Docker & Kubernetes
- 5+ years’ of industry experience with VMware environments
- Operating Systems: LINUX (Centos4.X/5.X/6.X/7, RHEL 7/6.X/5.X/, Windows
- Version Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), GitHub
- Issue Tracking Tools: Jira
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field or equivalent training and experience; Graduate degree preferred
- Approximately 8-12 years’ experience in related field.