Leased Employee - Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: 12 months contract with possible extension
· The Project Manager is responsible for simultaneously directing the efforts of one or more cross-functional project teams to achieve clearly defined results within the triple constraints of time, budget and specifications for high-complexity projects.
· This position will be responsible for managing a large ERP integration project and will work closely with a program manager and other project managers to ensure the successful completion of program and project objectives.
· This position is responsible for assembling the project team, developing the project work plan, and managing the expectations, deliverables and results of all internal and external project resources for the roles and activities defined in the plan.
· The Project Manager is responsible for tracking project milestones and making necessary adjustments to the project plan or resources to maintain customer commitments. The Project Manager communicates project status and risks to all project stakeholders and manages the change process for each assigned project.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
· Bachelor’ s degree in related field highly preferred
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrix resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across multi-company and business units
· ERP project management experience required
· Experience managing IBM Maximo implementation or integration preferred
· Comprehensive knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
· Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
· Strong oral and written communication skills and experience leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
· Comprehensive understanding of IT infrastructure and application architectures desired
· High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead and provide work direction to a project team to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project.
· Serve as project communication clearing house for all formal project status reporting
· Develop and maintain all project manager deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
· Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
· Manage interaction between the customer, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
· Manage the project change control process, status reporting, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
· Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work
· Occasional travel required - < 10% in the metro Atlanta or Birmingham areas