Leased Worker Infrastructure Operations Center PAS / Mainframe Analyst
Location: Atlanta GA
Job Type: Long term contract basis
The Infrastructure Operations Center is responsible for monitoring and problem resolution related to client Information Technologies Infrastructure.
These infrastructure components include but are not limited to: mainframe systems, distributed computing systems, network and telecommunications systems.
This position is responsible for monitoring and managing of the client Electric System' s telecommunication and data computing /voice infrastructure.
IOC Client discipline personnel are staffed 24x7x365 to support frontline monitoring, diagnosis and resolution and communications for mainframe, production application support issues.
• Fundamental or basic knowledge in the ZOS/2.2 Operating System, TSO and JCL.
• Basic knowledge of the functionality of the Infrastructure Event Management Tools; in addition to the support tools and resources available to frontline for resolving problems.
• Monitors and supports the health, availability, response time and batch throughput of the mainframe processor.
• Monitors and supports the CICS regions, IDMS regions and DB2 Subsystems on the mainframe processor.
• Knowledgeable in, but not limited to the following tools: MVS Console, CSS and Netcool.
• Familiarity with JobTrack, Autosys & Endeavor.
• General knowledge of client Company' s core business
• General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
• General knowledge of IT infrastructure components
• Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
• Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
• Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
• Ability to provide and accept feedback
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Professional oral and written communication skills
Education / Experience:
• An education in Computer Science or Telecommunications and/or 3~5 year experience in data or telecommunications computing infrastructure environments are highly desired for this position.
• An adequate knowledge and understanding of existing IT technologies and how they are utilized within the client and its business units.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee and those an employee may encounter while performing essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort.
May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access everyday activities.
Tasks do not expose employee to physically unpleasant or hazardous conditions.