Location: Birmingham, AL
Duration: 06 + months contract
- This position exists to implement and to provide technical support for production data and voice network systems.
- The data network support includes, but is not limited to: firewalls, routing/switching, wireless and network security services.
- The voice network support includes, but is not limited to: VoIP, PBX' s, and voicemail systems, voice networking, ACD' s, voice response units, voice recording systems, and Computer Telephony Integration.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of data network infrastructure technologies and network security
- Configuration, troubleshooting and administration of Cisco Catalyst 6500, 37xx/38xx and Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000 series switches.
- Configuration, troubleshooting and administration of Cisco routers (ASR100x, 3900, 2900 series)
- Working knowledge of data network and dynamic routing protocols (Wireshark, OSPF, RIP, BGP, QoS, Multicast, etc)
- Configuration and deployment of Cisco wireless controllers, access points and integration with authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) systems in accordance with policies
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies across platforms (data center top of rack switching, virtual servers, virtual storage)
- Ability to analyze the interrelationship between network, server, storage and application problems quickly, develop alternative solutions, and select the most appropriate action.
- Ability to analyze an issue and recommend alternatives to improve processes leveraging automation when applicable.
- Comprehensive analysis/critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practice sharing within work group
- Work independently with little supervision
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and conflicting priorities
- Awareness of energy industry trends, opportunities and challenges
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate possess comprehensive customer service skills
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications
- Desirable programming skills (Perl, Shell scripting, Visual Basic, C and C++)
- Working knowledge of voice networks (PSTN, PBX' s, ACD' s, and Cisco VoIP systems)
- Experience supporting firewall systems (Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA)
- Experience with Cisco Prime Wireless Infrastructure management systems
- Experience with MPLS
- Expertise in multiple server operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux)
- Major Responsibilities:
- The position implements engineering projects and coordinates efforts between designated resources across the company to ensure that problems and issues are addressed.
- The position works closely with IT Security, Engineering and Field Operations personnel to insure proper implementation and configuration of new technologies.
- The position works closely with peer Infrastructure Services groups to insure implementation of their technologies and the data and voice network strategies.
- The position is responsible for the installation of the new converged data and voice network and the support of the existing data and voice network.
- The position works closely with the IT Infrastructure Operations Center to ensure that proper procedures are in place to support end-user requests and to populate the IT Knowledge Base.
- The position provides technical expertise and guidance to maintain the integrity and security of production networks and assets.
Must have skills:
- Basic Cisco networking skills. Must be able to configure routers and switches and understand IP addressing.
Nice to have skills:
- Cisco wireless knowledge.
Day to day task:
- Configuration of equipment from documentation provided.
- Some rack and stack installation work.
- Configuration of equipment, updating network drawings and documentation, submitting change management requests.
Tech Providers Inc.
Tel: (404) 594-6021