Network Security Specialist Intermediate
- Provide subject matter expertise, consulting and knowledge transfer around specific technologies, solutions and products.
- Engineer and implement solutions on a wide variety of data network and data security elements.
- Build and maintain customer relationships and work efficiently with customer support team to solve customer issues.
- Demonstrated passion, desire and dedication to ongoing training and development.
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and processes.
- Ability to present and communicate IT security-related concepts to both technical and non-technical end users.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years building and maintaining security monitoring systems.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, end point protection, authentication systems, log management and content filtering.
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities within a TCP/IP environment.
- Experience with performing vulnerability scans and assessments as well as computer forensics.
- Familiarity with SOA governance and policy management best practices, information security best practices and common processes.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with advance education in fields related to position or equivalent experience. - IT certifications include but not limited to CCNP, f5-CA, ICSSP, Security+ and GIAC are preferred.