Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contract Duration: 5+ Months
- The Construction Planner plans, coordinates and builds new, rebuild and upgrade construction projects.
- Performs field engineering, creates efficient route designs and estimates costs.
- May allocate and activates fiber when applicable. Plans network splicing for coax and fiber optic networks.
- May obtain access and right-of-way agreements where applicable. Coordinates permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles.
- Repairs and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks and ensures backbone is available for launch or deployment of products.
1. Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
2. Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
3. Coordinates contractor work, coordinates and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
4. Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
5. Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects.
6. Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
7. Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
8. Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
9. Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
10. Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or ROW agreements, completes route designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
11. May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices.
12. May plan and allocate fibres for splicing and activation.
13. May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
14. Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
15. As projects are completed, performs tasks to close tasks in database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of project
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent related work experience
6 months to 2 years’ experience in area of responsibility