Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: 6-9 months Contract with possible extension
· The Project Manager is responsible for simultaneously directing the efforts of one or more cross-functional project teams to achieve clearly defined results within the triple constraints of time, budget and specifications for medium and high-complexity projects.
· This position is responsible for an average of 3-4 projects with an average cost of $500K-$900K each.
· The position is responsible for assembling the project team, developing the project work plan, and managing the expectations, deliverables and results of all internal and external project resources for the roles and activities defined in the plan.
· The Project Manager is responsible for tracking project milestones and making necessary adjustments to the project plan or resources to maintain customer commitments. The Project Manager communicates project status and risks to all project stakeholders and manages the change process for each assigned project.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
· Experience managing SDLC projects using traditional and iterative project execution frameworks
· Experience with Microsoft Project
· Experience managing product development projects
TYPICAL DAY DESCRIPTION:
· Lead and provide work direction to a project team to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project using both AGILE and Iterative project execution methodologies
· Serve as project communication clearing house for all formal project status reporting
· Develop and maintain all project manager deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
· Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
· Manage interaction between the customer, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
· Manage the project change control process, status reporting, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
· Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
· Bachelor’ s degree in related field highly preferred
· A minimum of 5 years of experience managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrix resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across multi-company and business units
· Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
· Experience managing SDLC projects using an iterative methodology preferred
· Comprehensive knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
· Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
· Strong oral and written communication skills and experience leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills
· High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project