Downers Grove, IL
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing, under supervision, a cross-functional team in order to execute strategic sourcing activities including product transfers, asset transfers, recapitalization activities, VAVE opportunities, repatriation initiatives, along with other projects as assigned, with the objective of delivering activities to cost, schedule and scope requirements.
Job Responsibilities by Capability:
- Develops and maintains timing and action plan for projects
- Monitors project profit and loss (P&L) and key drivers that affect overall program financial health to ensure projects meet established objectives (e.G. Margins, costs, revenue, etc.).
- Understands what program success is and drives path forward to achieve success in most timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrates high-level understanding of manufacturing processes and technologies used to produce a product.
- Follows best practices to attain project scope excellence to cross-functional team – clarity of vision, goals, and expectations.
- Coordinates necessary data acquisition to provide strategic direction for solving problems.
- Uses a systematic approach to identify problems, conduct root-cause analysis, and implement solutions.
- Prepares project status and risks to provide proper level of detail and recover plans.
- Challenges and provides constructive mitigation strategies.
- Supports cadence and techniques to run efficient meetings.
- Participates on cross-functional teams to work seamlessly across boundaries of company, culture, and geography for successful project execution.
- Follows standardized guidelines and templates to ensure robust project plans and maintains documentation
- Collaborates with team members to identify project risks and recommend potential mitigation plans.
- Collaborates with cross functional team to develop timing and action plan for projects.
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in program management (consumer products experience preferred)
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic structured project management methodologies (e.G., Critical Path)
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic manufacturing processes and production planning
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates basic business financial knowledge
- Demonstrates proficiency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Demonstrates ability to manage constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Demonstrates sensitivity and acts appropriately with varying cultural societies
- Demonstrates ability to support the needs of and interact appropriately with cross-functional personnel
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrates self-confidence