Location: Greer SC
Job Title: Quality Engineer
- Drives product quality improvement via analysis, inspection, process optimization and key process controls.
- Provides technical problem solving/quality expertise to production teams.
- Performs root cause analysis of complex technical problems.
- Drives Quality Improvement activities for all Plant manufacturing issues.
- Leads cross-functional quality improvement/issue resolution teams.
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Defines, implements, and manages Dynamic Section Control (DSC) inspection.
- Drives internal department issues to closure in PQM.
- Determines key process characteristics and implements control mechanisms.
- Supports product audit reviews with department responsibility for call assignment and accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or 4 years related engineering experience.
- 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-3 years of assembly manufacturing experience to include experience with tools, fixtures, parts and process planning.
- Problem Solving using root cause analysis and technical quality methods to solve complex process problems.
- As applicable, per Training Guidelines
- Certified Quality Engineer (preferred)
- verbal and written communication skills as proven through work experience. Intermediate
- knowledge of MS Office Software acquired through classroom or work experience. Intermediate
- knowledge of policies and procedures of plant and department. Intermediate
- Experience applying complex technical problem solving skills (i.E. Control Charts, 8D, Fishbones) Intermediate
- experience applying leadership skills Intermediate
- quality planning skills Intermediate