SR. Product/Program Manager
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL / Portland, OR
Position Type: 12 months with possibility to go perm
· As the Product Manager you will define the overall product strategy and align development teams and other stakeholders for consistent client delivery. Responsibilities range from increasing the profitability of existing products to planning and developing new products.
· You will create products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and frequent contact with clients and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, with the drive to make that vision a reality. The Identity & Access Management platform provides single sign on across all applications our clients use through their day -- Client applications, partner applications, and 3rd party applications. It also includes an authorization engine for go-forward applications built on our newest technologies.
· You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand client problems, and finding innovative solutions for the broader market. You will be the Market Expert, Chief Evangelist and Primary Care Giver for your products. Client practices Agile software development, so you will also be the Product Owner for one or more Sprint Teams.
· You must be able to communicate effectively with, and exert influence over, all areas of the company to successfully lead tactical & strategic initiatives. You will work with development and field counterparts to define market-leading solutions that create true value for our clients. You will work with Product Marketing to define and execute the go-to-market strategy & messaging, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target personas. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your products, frequently working with client’ s sales associates and key clients.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
· Manage the entire product life cycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases. Create, maintain and communicate the corresponding Product Roadmaps.
· Identify market opportunities and determine the corresponding business gaps available by addressing those needs. Create a compelling product Vision and Value Proposition for the customer. Develop the Business Case which will profitably serve the market need and which results in securing the required development funding.
· Guide the product and sprint backlogs for your sprint teams. You will author user stories, lead sprint team planning sessions, run stand-up meetings, showcases & retrospectives, and work with your sprint team to decompose user stories into development tasks.
· Develop and implement a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Evangelize the product to all internal & external stakeholders.
· This position requires periodic travel (10-20%) to customers and other Client destinations in the U.S.
Skills & Experience:
· Demonstrated experience in the following areas will differentiate candidates for this position:
· Should have good Agile experience and sprint execution.
· Participation in product management & Agile team meetings and activities.
· Develop, negotiate, deliver and measure the product release priorities.
· Experience with collaborative product development between India and the US.
· Track record of negotiating complex business environments (i.E. Aligning roadmaps with multiple decision-makers in a large corporation) and then working with agile teams to deliver on-time, consistently.
· Demonstrated ability to exert influence and make & meet commitments in a highly-matrixed organization.
· Ability to analyze business and financial trends relative to product features and market trends.
· Ability to develop and present original content demonstrating product and feature value propositions at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent written communication skills to audiences needing to understand vision, strategy and execution.
· Proven methodology soliciting cross functional feedback to mature product offering.
· Manage expectations with senior leadership providing status, action plans and recommendations.
· Experience with ensuring product solutions are being built based on SOLID principles and developed in a manner which takes advantage of state-of-the-art technologies.
· Non-technical undergraduate degree, plus 7+ years of directly related work experience in a Software, SaaS-based Software, Online Services company.
· Candidate should have minimum 5+ years of experience as an Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst or similar position.
· Experience with Agile tools (eg TFS, Jira or Rally, Version One, etc).
The preferred candidate will also possess:
· An MBA or equivalent graduate degree.
· Experience working with the Okta Identity as a Service platform, or similar technology.
· Platform Product Management experience in a large, international company with diverse products.
· Direct experience with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework