SR. UI/UX DESIGNER
Boca Raton, FL
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Position Type: 6 months with possible extension
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Conceptualize, design and develop user interface designs in a fast-paced online/mobile environment. Consumer applications as well as enterprise platforms
· Collaborate with stakeholders within a multi-disciplinary team to gather design requirements and translate those requirements into high-quality visual solutions
· Understand UI/UX best practices and drive improvements in designs and methodology
· Design and develop user interface components and assets
· Realize product concepts into visually compelling application designs
· Create models that form the theoretical foundation for great solutions: workflow diagrams, flowcharts, storyboards, personas, etc.
· Establish a high-level vision for the solution
· Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, product owners and development leads
· Create low-fi sketches and wireframes to establish the rough direction
· Create precise, hi-fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes for phased user testing
· Conduct usability testing and provide analysis
· Write thorough UI design specifications and style guides
· Support developers through the development phase
· Design and documentation of user interfaces from detailed business requirements for application development, public and contract site
· Responsible for image library and setting standards for use of icons, images, style sheets across all applications and web sites
· Bachelor' s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
· 6 years of related work experience in technology/ e-commerce
· Experience designing consumer, enterprise software, and transactional web sites (e-commerce, Mobile, etc.).
· Strong skills in Sketch, Azure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq
· Experience designing responsive websites
· Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing.
· Technical experience in HTML and CSS coding.
· Previous experience in impressive and dynamic GUI Design
· A strong portfolio that reflects your industry experience
· Proven knowledge of usability and its principles
· Strong experience in creating user-centered designs
· Graphical competence in developing wireframe designs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent conceptual and big-picture design skills including user experience architecture and information architecture
· Natural ability to empathise with different end user groups
· Strong visual design skills and a detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, colour use, animation, composition, use of space, weight etc.
· Attention to detail and the ability to distil simple solutions from complex problems
· A deep understanding of user-centered product development methodology
· Self-motivated, solution-oriented and willing to work in a fast-paced online development environment
· Strong interaction and information design skills
· Strong familiarity with Web design patterns and UI toolkits
· Fluent in a range of design tools
· This position currently has no direct management responsibilities; however, may lead to an opportunity under the E-commerce Creative Director to manage the UX design team.
· 2-3 years: Agile experience (Scrum/ Kanban)
· 3 years: Experience in creating user-centered designs
· 3 years: Experience in designing for mobile devices
· 3 years: Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing
· 4 years: Technical experience in HTML and CSS Coding
· 6 years: Related work experience in Technology and/or E-commerce