Senior IP Network Engineer
- Searching for a Senior IP Network Engineer to serve as a key point of contact with the Client Product Development team to bring new data & networking services, features, and capabilities to Client commercial customers.
- This role will utilize a deep and broad knowledge of IP Routing, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, platform capabilities, technical standards, and industry trends & practices to convert business requirements into technical designs that can be built, tested, and brought to market in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The data and networking service products for Client Business consistently experience strong growth and are a critical priority in Client’ s business objectives.
- BS/BA in related discipline (i.E., Engineering, Computer Science, or Telecommunications). Will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Business and/or management education, training, or direct professional experience is desired.
- 7+ years of experience in related field (i.E., Telecommunications, network engineering fields) or MS/MA and 5 years of experience in related field).
- 5+ years of experience with IP and MPLS network design and management including recent experience with Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel Client/Nokia specific implementations; as well as experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including OSPF & BGP).
- Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP, NRS II or equivalent
- Experience in leading complex project execution teams, ability to delegate work activities and provide clarity of goals and priorities in a manner that assures timely execution of projects.
- Clear understanding of modern router architecture and network design (control plane and forwarding plane separation, switch fabric design, egress queuing, IP lookup algorithms, traffic engineering, protection mechanisms, and capacity planning).
- Advanced knowledge of Metro Ethernet switching architecture, design and implementation; Metro Ethernet OAM and network timing as related to circuit emulation over packet.
- Ability to understand Physical and Data-link layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture and operations (i.E. Optical, Ethernet, HFC/DOCSIS, PON, RF, etc.)
- Experience in data communications and networking standards (e.G., MEF, ANSI, IETF, IEEE.)