Senior Performance Engineer
Boca Raton, FL
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Position Type: 12 months with possible extension
The person in this position will serve as both a performance engineer as well as web application administrator for On Premise and Cloud applications:
• Execute performance / load / stress and other non-functional tests. Monitor application and system logs to determine system/application/website behavior. Address all technical issues, facilitate the resolution and necessary follow up with Development, IT, PMO and other cross-functional departments.
• Pre-Test Requirements: Develop/Create test plans, test scripts, test scenarios. Must be able to work with multiple teams to achieve the proper configuration around the definition of test criteria and environment specific execution.
• Post-Test Requirements: Generate performance graphs, execution metrics, session/summary reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis. Publish results and receive appropriate signoff. Prepare detail status reports as well as tracking the resolution of all defects and issues.
• Monitoring: Responsible for defining, implementing and updating monitoring configurations. Systems and Applications require appropriate monitoring both before and after going live in production.
• Coordinate change requests and schedule technical support for infrastructure and application monitoring (in the event system/application access belongs to an external team).
Web Administration (On premise & Cloud):
• Continually monitor and tune application infrastructure to assure optimal performance, availability and utilization of resources
• Respond proactively to alerts monitoring website performance and availability while quickly implementing resolutions to avoid and/or reduce outage durations
• Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues impacting application operations and administer root cause analysis for each
• Engineer and deploy releases, enhancements, and upgrades or new applications throughout non-production and production environments
• As needed for new infrastructure, install and configure middleware and custom/vendor application software to build new environments
• Ability to build and manage all components necessary to support a web application on Amazon, Azure and/or Google (ACL' s, Load Balancing, Web & Application server instances, etc)
• In-depth configuration experience in Virtual Host, SSL, WebSphere Plugin and Rewrite rules
WebSphere, Tomcat, EBS:
• Design and implementation of websites through Tomcat & WebSphere application servers
• Deployment of enterprise applications
• Configurations of individual applications and application server settings
• Clustering (vertical & horizontal) understanding
• WebSphere Application and Administrative Security
Skill Required / Desired:
• Deploy and administer applications in Tomcat and Websphere
• Application server configurations in Tomcat & Websphere
• Application and Infrastructure Monitoring: Gomez, Dynatrace, Sitescope
• Load Test Systems: Client-LoadRunner & Soasta-CloudTest
• Continuous Integration: Jenkins
• Linux Administration
• Web Administration
• Shell Scripting
• Network Understanding (Routing, Load Balancing)