Sr. Engineer-Test Engineering
Duration: 5 Months
Location: Huntersville, NC
- This position will be responsible for leading a team of test technicians on new packaging development and sustaining product engineering for a key product category.
- This position provides technical oversight of design, development, and execution of complete product test plans to ensure the statistical confidence in the quality of our products launching to the field.
- This position manages the test technicians.
- The position will require the ability to work effectively with the Packaging Research and Development teams across Brands, as well as other disciplines including Marketing, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain.
- Some limited travel may be required.
- Cultivates criteria for test lab success and drives path forward to achieve success in the timeliest and most cost effective manner.
- Decides on future tactical requirements and programs to ensure team is positioned and resourced to deliver business needs.
- Prepares development plans and sets objectives with technicians.
- Develops and manages key technical partnerships to advance internal capabilities.
- Uses financial information and analysis to support fact based business decisions.
- Applies technical knowledge and understanding to day-to-day decision making.
- Leads test technicians, manages performance, mentors, and advises team members.
- Proposes enhancements to the process to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the test lab.
- Develops and leads technical experts to implement testing and product improvement solutions.
- Identifies, leverages, and implements technologies, global development capabilities, and global supply networks to act as a source of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Evaluates and decides on best problem solving-solution to ensure the balance among time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Champions brainstorming and ideation sessions to develop product testing solutions.
- Leads root cause analysis efforts when product does not meet test criteria.
- Guides the team to create innovative solutions.
- Guides cross-functional teams and the SME to develop creative solutions to business-critical challenges and roadblocks.
- Delivers organizational direction and change through excellent interpersonal, writing, planning and presentation skills.
- Communicates business wide test request status to communicate risks and facilitate re-prioritization with leadership. Provides proper level of detail and recovery plans.
- Leads meetings with test technicians to discuss level loading of test requests for optimal execution and long term strategic initiatives
- Leads full team meetings to discuss team, facility, process, safety, and project updates.
- Encourages cross-functional teams to work seamlessly across boundaries of company, culture, and geography to ensure successful project execution.
- Validates consumer and market insights are a driver of testing methods and plans to ensure they are consumer relevant.
- Organizes conversations with development and delivery organizations to deliver consensus on NPD, productivity, and product maintenance.
- Demonstrates expert level of understanding of manufacturing processes and technologies to produce a product and influence technology choices.
- Provides expert level guidance in statistics to support proper sample sizing for test plans, and test results with clear performance levels and confidence intervals.
- Ensures test methods are repeatable and reproducible through measurement system analysis.
- Develops improved test methods using continuous measurement methodologies.
- Provide fixture design guidance to ensure automation is efficient and consumer relevant.
- Development of the testing function to leverage new, more effective and more efficient methods.
Bachelor' s degree in engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of development leadership and/or product testing experience in consumer packaged product development
- Proven experience in managing technical resources on product development projects
- Demonstrates experience in managing a large number of projects through a team of direct reports in a cross functional environment
- Demonstrates organizational skills, aggressive drive for performance, and extremely high levels of personal accountability
- Demonstrates statistical analysis skills
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates working knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, Wind-chill System, and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrates evidence of strong problem solving skills including identifying problems, potential problems, and developing solutions
- Demonstrates proven track record of creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal, writing, planning, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to lead by direct control and influence for positive business outcomes
- BS in Engineering, or Masters of Science
- Consumer Products Industry Experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Working experience in automation (PLC, Labview or similar)
- Working knowledge of SEAL, OSHA, Safety and 5S