Duration: More than 1 year extendable
Job Location: Inverness (Birmingham, AL)
Desired Qualifications: Responsibilities will include:
- Inventory and prepare equipment for transport.
- Provide setup, pull-out, and troubleshooting of performance test instrumentation and equipment. In most cases, the engineer is not present, so this requires initiative and the ability to effectively plan, organize and execute the work.
- Coordinate the installation of test equipment with power plant personnel.
- Operate data acquisition software and debug test systems.
Calibrate, operate, and maintain a full extracting gas sampling system, gas analysers (CO2, CO, N2, SO2, O2, etc.), and other test and data acquisition equipment.
Obtain coal and high volume or isokinetic ash samples.
Perform manual velocity traverses (air and gas), and furnace exit gas traverses (HVT).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of power plant equipment and systems.
- Working knowledge of test instrumentation (gas analysers, thermocouples, RTD' s, pressure transmitters, data acquisition systems, watt meters, etc.)
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of data acquisition systems.
- Strong interest in hands-on installation, maintenance, operation, and calibration of test equipment.
- Must have good driving skills and record - the driving record must indicate that the individual has shown great respect for public safety and traffic laws.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to perform physically demanding activities while working in all types of temperature extremes (10 – 130° F Ambient). Job requires candidates to bend, kneel, crawl, climb, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
Willingness to travel facilities with overnight stays out of town (approximately 60 to 80 nights a year), work extra hours, and occasionally work nights and weekends.