Supply Chain Planning Specialist
Location: Greer, SC
Job Type: long term contract basis
I. Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position?
Develops medium to long term supply chain processes and methods influencing supplier decisions and logistics cost. Develops and implements emergency concepts for highly complex supply chains.
II. Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities: List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
• Develops new or optimizing existing methods of supply, including emergency strategies, by using corporate standard concepts.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative evaluations, considering impact to logistics costs and structure. Investigates supply methods including (but not limited to) transportation, packaging, source of supply, and material flow for new or existing suppliers as well as new supplier selection process.
• Initiates, investigates and develops medium to long term planning strategies influencing supplier selection as well as initiates and implements process improvements by being innovative and creative.
• Develops new methods and standards for the supply chain processes.
• Leads cross-functional project teams, represents all Logistics departments / strategies in Plant core teams, breakout teams and other special tasks associated with projects.
• Assures the supply chain including the emergency strategies to support the complexity of KOVP with the delivery restrictions and changes, by developing and implementing complex strategies.
• Coordinates all required activities regarding Supply Concept development, maintenance and reviews with suppliers, customers and other Plant Spartanburg departments and ensures positive interaction.
• Develops regular status reports and indicators to measure assigned work activity.
III. Position Competencies:
A) Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent of 4 years of related experience in supply chain planning and/or logistics process planning and material control.
B) Experience: 4+ years of experience in logistics to include experience in 2 of the following areas: material planning, transportation and structure planning, supply chain planning including cost analysis, or packaging planning. Experience must include 2 year of extended project management and proven project leadership skills.
C) Training: As applicable, per Client MC training guidelines.
D) Licenses and/or Certifications: N/A
Basic = less than 1 year of experience/training needed; Intermediate = 1 – 3 years of experience/some training may be needed;
Advanced = 3-5 years experience/no training needed; Expert = 5+ years experience/able to train others.
Advanced = logistics skills (i.E. Develops mid to long term strategies, for the entire supply chain; supply method evaluation and analysis; develops emergency concepts; develops methods and standards)
Advanced = computer skills including MS Office applications, SAP, TAIS, etc.
Advanced = German language skills both oral and written (preferred)