Tax Accountant I
- This position will interact with the CORPORATE TAX DEPARTMENT, Division Offices, and the Shared Services Center personnel and provide assistance and support as needed.
- Prepare and coordinate account analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations for month-end general accounting close for multiple divisions.
- Provide the Corporate Tax Department in Atlanta the records required for state and local tax audits and provide assistance on audit matters as requested.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Standard Accounting Manual, and other Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a matrix type organization.
- Ability to formulate alternatives and select the best course of action.
- Multi-State Sales/Use Tax experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Experience should include account analysis or reconciliation and/or practical experience in the Sales & Use Tax area.
- SAP and Vertex experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills are essential, with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Internet tax research tools.