Technical Consultant (Application Services)
Location: Atlanta GA
Position Type: Fulltime position
SUMMARY: This an opportunity to work with other bright application developers to set direction and solve challenging problems.
This position will work with our development teams and other IT teams to accomplish the following:
· Grow and refine reusable code library and services
· Assist in defining development strategies and standards
· This includes mobile, responsive, and web
· Unique troubleshooting and problem solving instances
· Assist with application life cycle planning and implementation
· Develop enterprise solutions using Microsoft technologies
· We need someone who can demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency in the area of enterprise software development and planning.
· The position is also expected to ensure all software development projects adhere to Company' s Application Development guidelines and meets and/or exceeds quality expectations.
· Anyone applying for this position should be an excellent troubleshooter and a self-starter.
· Some the recent exciting development efforts have been associated with mobile targeting self-service site and preparing for use of .Net Core within our enterprise.
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college with a concentration in computer science or a related field
· Working knowledge and understanding of development technologies, methodologies and associated tools
· Experience developing and supporting enterprise applications and integrations
Other Job Responsibilities:
· Apply strong oral and written communication skills; apply strong customer service and negotiating skills; exhibit initiative; follow through with customer commitments; and apply sound performance techniques
· Support project planning by providing accurate estimates and status reports and by meeting deliverables
· Participate in special projects/assignments. This may include mobile development efforts and technology evaluations.
· Knowledge and understanding of software development technologies, methodology and associated tools
· Advanced knowledge of C# and the .NET framework
· Deep experience working with either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft tool stack (SSRS, SSIS, BizTalk, etc.)
· Understanding of service oriented architectures
· N-tier application architecture experience using the .NET platform
· Working knowledge of application architectures (Web, Client Server, Command Line, Databases, etc.)
· Demonstrated technical writing skills.
· Knowledge of network devices and load balancing a plus
· Advanced knowledge of the following software development technologies:
· Microsoft C# .NET
· Web Services
· XML schema definition and processing (XSD, XPath, XSLT)
· Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.