Title: Test Technician
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Huntersville, NC - 28078
· Position will set up and perform manual, automated and environmental performance testing on the full line of business product lines based on applicable standards and keeping the established schedule.
· Performance of these tests must be precise, with the monitoring of test controls, effective documentation, and communication of the results both verbally and with formal test reports.
· Individual will collect dimensional measurements on mechanical and electronic measurement equipment and document technical test procedures and protocols for laboratory testing.
· Other responsibilities include the ability to oversee and maintain the condition, maintenance, orderliness and calibration of the laboratory and its equipment.
· Performance of assigned tests using documented methods resulting in timely, valid test data
· Communication of test results and generation of formal test reports with excellent verbal and written
· Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision
· Willingness to learn new technologies, equipment, and procedures through on-the-job training
Support design, maintenance and calibration for all laboratory test equipment
Preferred Skill set:
· Set up and perform product testing in support of new product development and product improvements at the direction of Engineering.
· Assemble/disassemble the products being tested.
· Monitor and record test data.
· Format test data into charts and graphs.
· Observe components and record data of components under test.
· Maintain equipment calibration.
· Maintain test equipment.
· Basic knowledge of weights and measures
· Support the 5S program.
· Lift 45lbs
· Associates Degree in Engineering or related technical field
· Ability to use and operate electronic and mechanical measurement equipment
· Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with the use of data acquisition and test software/equipment
· Consumer products industry experience
· Experience with metal or plastic material analysis
· Ability to interpret mechanical drawings to assist in product measurements
· Experience in supporting site safety programs
· Experience working with various industry standards
· Experience in operating a universal testing machine
· Experience with statistical analysis
· Ability to keep a clean work environment to insure accurate and efficient results
· Demonstrates good critical thinking skills and decision making skills