Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Contract Duration: 4 months contract with possible extension
- Lead and direct the planning, design and support of Access Point solutions, inclusive of but not limited to Wi-Fi and mobile - pico, femto, DAS technologies.
- Establishing AP standards and specifications in collaboration with Cox business partners, vendors, CableLabs, IEEE and other industry standards bodies with compliance oversight.
- Defines KPIs, capacity planning and coverage models for all access point solutions.
- Analysis of solution or standard that includes and is not limited to reliability, operational and financial impact, inclusive of TCO.
- Coordinates vendor evaluations in the testing and selection of AP solutions.
- Leads the evaluation of wireless AP test and monitoring solutions partnering with RF Engineering and Operations.
- The company engineering AP SME for any and all Access Point activities including training and Tier5 Operational support.
- Requires BS in Engineering discipline, Electrical preferred
- 8 years’ experience with Radio Frequency (RF) engineering principles (RF propagation modeling, spectrum/frequency planning, and antenna theory)
- Must be self- motivated able to multi-task and work under tight timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external vendors to deliver on documented, committed scope of technology solutions.
- Strong knowledge in Quality Management/Process Improvement
- Strong Background in wireless RF Engineering & Design in the areas of WiFi and Cellular
- Strong working knowledge and Familiarity with 802.11 protocols, Cellular and wireless Technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting background & experience in troubleshooting WLANs.
- Solid experience in use of RF Planning tools i.E. AirMagnet, Ekahau, RadioMobile, iBwave, Planet Mentum etc.
- Working knowledge & Experience in Design of P2P and P2MP long range networks.
- Familiarity with Cisco, Ruckus and other vendor WLAN network elements and Service Provider Architectures.