CAD Designer III
Jackson, MI US
Location: Michigan **Primarily remote, but candidates should be within Michigan. There could be some meetings quarterly and monthly field visits.**
Duration: 12+ months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
- Primarily responsible for gas distribution system design.
- The CAD Designer III will design planned projects as approved through the Customer & Service Infrastructure department.
- He/she will be expected to interact with engineers for the design state of reliability, relocation, and capacity projects for gas distribution facilities.
- Design gas distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, or reliability improvement projects
- Design in a CAD software, specifically Bentley Open Plant or MicroStation.
- Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
- Create projects and/or orders and order materials in SAP
- Obtaining field notes outdoors, and at times, work in remote areas on uneven terrain and/or in difficult-to-access locations- a valid driver’ s license and reliable transportation are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision at the assigned physical work location
- Experience with electric or gas utility
- Experience with MicroStation
- Other valuable experiences: AutoCAD, Creo, Catia, SolidWorks, NX
- Experience working with SAP
- 2-year Associate Degree in the requisite scientific or technical field (48 scientific or technical credit hours as measured on a semester basis); the 48 scientific or technical credit hours can be obtained through colleges, technical institutes, licensed apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military programs, etc.