Job Opportunity for the Position of IT Engineer in Columbus,GA 31901.
Location: Columbus, GA 31901
Duration: (6+ months) Contract
- Supports activities related to ensuring the overall health and modernization of organization-wide Information Technology system.
- Provides support to internal lines of business across the technology infrastructure including analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, and maintenance of hardware, software, networking, and security for a variety of systems.
- Troubleshoots issues, makes recommendations, and responds to and solves incidents and customer requests based on standard operating procedures and runbooks.
- Assist with system design reviews and software testing.
- Provides input on moderately complex projects, occasionally serving as a subject-matter-expert.
- Supports and deploys vendor software and packages.
- Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages.
- Monitors system capacity and performance using a broad set of tools.
- Provides technical support to various departments and users.
- Identifies troublesome trends and develops plans designed to resolve issues and prevent recurrences.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area.
- This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and risk limits specific to their role.
- Additionally, they should raise, and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) designation Experience with VMWare - Azure Understanding of applicable business unit functions, processes and cross-group dependencies and relationships Knowledge of standard business practices, products and services of the banking industry.
- Part of job would also be data analysis, how machine operates, how person operates machine, and how they can make improvements.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and general knowledge of multiple technical disciplines
- Understanding of software development life cycle and various components that make up the software pipeline Scripting skills
- Understanding of Windows server and Linux distros (RedHat preferred)
- Understanding of a variety of network and security protocols Knowledge of a variety of technologies and protocols
- Ability to quickly shift between technology stacks Verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience supporting a variety of technologies and functions.