100% Remote job for Jr Firmware Engineer
Austin, TX US
Location: 100% Remote (Austin, Tx )
Duration: 12+ Months (High possibility of extension)
Note: Training will be in San Carlos for 1– 2-week orientation then full time WFH in AUSTIN .There may be some periodic travel to CA location, but that would be infrequent.
- Responsible for all Firmware related areas of the product, from low-level drivers to embedded applications and communication interfaces
- Architecting the firmware that will power the next generation of our charging stations
- Writing C on bare metal MCUs, RTOS or embedded Linux platform
- Collaborating with hardware engineers to review the architecture, bring up new boards, debugging potential issues, and proposing changes from the software perspective
- Routinely run code reviews and design discussions
- Remotely debugging a customer unit and testing your code on your coworker' s EV!
- Presenting features, you produced to upper management
- 2+ years of experience in writing firmware that has ended up in production.
- Experience working with Serial interfaces and protocols, Wireless interfaces, TCP and Bluetooth stacks
- Experience with driver development, board bring up, Linux kernel, application development and in debugging crash dumps
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.