Administrative Assistant I
Kalamazoo, MI US
Duration: 06+ Months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
Location: Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Hybrid)
Responsible for providing administrative support within Business Operations for multiple Gas and Electric Distribution Field Leaders at various locations. The Administrative Assistant may be working in these areas: Gas and Electric Distribution support, Field Manager support or special projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll duties (correcting system interface errors (IDOCs) and releasing timesheets)
- Equivalent Straight Time charging, posting and distribution per the Union Working Agreement
- Accounts Payable activities including creation and processing of Purchase Requisitions
- Purchase card reconciliation
- 664 Processing for MDOT compliance
- Check requests
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Other similar or related duties
- May require lifting and/or carrying heavy loads (Approx. 5-35lbs)
- Must be able to interface and work with teams with diverse disciplines, understand their administrative needs and requirements.
- Must be willing and able to rely on Policies, Procedures, Job Aids and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position.
- The successful candidate will possess good computer skills, including the aptitude and ability to learn and use one or more versions of specialized software.
- We are willing to train the skilled candidate on the job.
- Microsoft Word
- Outlook email system
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Attitude and aptitude to learn new skills and perform new responsibilities
- SAP Front/Back Office
- Plotter operation
- Scanner operation
Experience Required: 0 to 1 year' s work experience, this is an entry level position.
- Some work experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
- Strong customer service background