Administrative Assistant I
Marion, MI US
Location: Marion, MI 49665
Duration: 12+ months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
Responsible for providing administrative support within Business Operations for multiple Gas and Electric Distribution Field Leaders at various locations. The Administrative Assistant may be working in these areas: Gas and Electric Distribution support, Field Manager support or special projects. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll duties (correcting system interface errors (IDOCs) and releasing timesheets)
- Equivalent Straight Time charging, posting and distribution per the Union Working Agreement
- Accounts Payable activities including creation and processing of Purchase Requisitions
- Purchase card reconciliation
- Check requests
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Other similar or related duties
- May require lifting and/or carrying heavy loads (Approx. 5-35lbs)
- Scheduling employee training
- Must be able to interface and work with teams with diverse disciplines, understand their administrative needs and requirements.
- Must be willing and able to rely on Policies, Procedures, Job Aids and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position.
- The successful candidate will possess good computer skills, including the aptitude and ability to learn and use one or more versions of specialized software.
- We are willing to train the skilled candidate on the job.
- Microsoft Word
- Outlook email system
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Attitude and aptitude to learn new skills and perform new responsibilities
- SAP Front/Back Office
- Plotter operation
- Scanner operation
- 0 to 1 year' s work experience, this is an entry level position.
- Some work experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
- Strong customer service background
- High School degree or equivalent
- Some college