CX / Marketing Research Analyst
Jackson, MI US
Duration: 12+ months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
- The Customer & Product Research team is looking for a research analyst who is empathetic about the client’ s customer and curious to gather keen insights to communicate those to the business stakeholders across the enterprise.
- As part of a research team that supports areas of CX and Product Research, our analysts collaborate with Marketing, Utility Operations, Corporate Communications, Demand Response, Energy Waste Reduction, Renewable Energy and other teams to ensure client’ s provides an exceptional customer experience.
- To ensure success, our marketing research analyst should be an exceptional communicator and intuitively recognize patterns with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into consumer behavior.
- In this role, the research analyst will engage and lead projects that focus primarily on conducting segmentation and message development research.
- In addition, the research function also supports collecting customer feedback about interactions customers have with the company, customer experiences with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial and residential programs and services, overall brand perceptions of client.
- We work within a team setting to develop, implement, and analyze data from research projects designed to classify customers into specific segments and develop personas for those segments.
- We need you to be passionate about improving customer experiences and proficient in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting information in a manner that provides actionable recommendation.
- Develop relationships with business teams to help them understand the value of research and also to understand the product portfolio.
- Develop, implement, and analyze results from studies designed to classify residential customers into specific segments (using primary, system data, or both).
- Engage with vendor partners to facilitate and coordinate work between the research team and consulting vendor partners.
- Develop and communicate the personas that describe segment behaviors and attitudes for clients to use in program and message development.
- Work with the data analytics, program management, and marketing teams to assess effectiveness of messages targeted to specific segments through in-market tests.
- Interact with other members of the research team and program/service personnel to identify where segmentation should and shouldn' t be applied.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will be remote. Occasional in-person meetings possible.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- 3 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative research in a business environment with ability to determine optimal research approaches to meet given objectives.
- Ability to apply a variety of statistical techniques like cluster analysis, regression, factor analysis, tests for difference, decision trees, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of customer research project management including proposal development, consultant selection, survey sampling, data collection, data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to consolidate results from various studies to provide a holistic perspective of the customers point of view.
- Excellent organizational and people skills with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Ability to interface with a diverse population, multiple levels of an organization and various business functions.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail, but also the ability to see beyond the details of your own responsibilities and understand broader company goals and strategies.
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs, PowerBI and SPSS or R analytical software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a fit with our team culture.