Claim Examiner- WC
Portland, OR US
Location –Portland, OR (100% remote)
Duration: 03+ month contract with possible extension and conversion
Must hold an Oregon State WC certificate along with the experience.
- Analyses claims activity and prepares reports for clients/carriers and management.
- Establish reserves, using independent judgment and expertise and authorizes payments within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Make settlement decisions promptly and equitably and issues company drafts in payments for claims within authority limits. Develops subrogation and third party recovery potential and follows reclaim procedures.
- Analyses claims activities and prepares reports for clients, carriers and/or management.
- Participates in claim reviews.
- Ability to work independently while assimilating various technical subjects.
- Good verbal or written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with external sources and all levels of employees.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Comprehensive claims investigations/settling experience
- 1-3 years’experience in Claims or similar organization