Irving, TX US
Job Title: Contracts Negotiator
Location: Irvin, TX (On-site)
Duration: 07+ Months of contract
• Negotiate new funding contracts and amendments to existing contracts from development of contracting strategies through execution of agreements.
• Responsible for negotiation of contract type, funding type, contractual terms and conditions, internal policy compliance, and estimated cost and fees.
• Evaluate and analyze project statements of work to determine internal policy compliance and necessary, sometimes unique, contractual requirements for the agreement or amendment
• Assist in the negotiation of licensing arrangements contained within Supplemental Contract agreements in conjunction with legal, technical staff and Senior Contract Negotiators
• Work with more senior Contracts Negotiators and Manager, Revenue Contracts to address specific contractual language related to topics that include protection of intellectual property, commercialization, licensing, funding, cost sharing, payment, property, equipment, indemnification, insurance and deliverables
• Escalate any contract-related problems that may arise prior to, during, and after the course of negotiations and contract execution.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’ s degree in a technical, financial or business field required.
• 4+ years of contracts-related experience; Experience with public utilities or energy industry preferred.
• International business experience a plus
• Experience in negotiating contracts including the formulation of legal and quasi-legal contractual provisions, terms and conditions
• Experience in contract risk management and negotiations
• Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) a plus
• Previous experience with Contract Management system and ERP systems
• Previous experience with Online Contracting is a plus
Skills and Attributes:
• Demonstrates business acumen relative to the global financial impact of contractual agreements
• Basic understanding of industry standard commercial terms and conditions
• Values operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
• Proficient Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills