Cyber-Physical Security Engineer
Birmingham (Hybrid), AL US
Location: Birmingham AL 35203 [Hybrid]
Duration: 12+ Month Contract
Summary of Position Duties:
- This position provides support to the Grid Operations and Planning Research area within this company’s Research & Development. The engineer will support projects and in time lead efforts to deploy and evaluate the performance of emerging technologies in this arena.
- The position is focused on cyber-physical security research for Transmission and Distribution.
- The engineer will support cyber-physical security projects with power system and cyber modeling, simulation, and analyses to identify and characterize threats, and vulnerabilities and develop mitigation approaches. Data from various sources and analytics tools will be leveraged to develop models to characterize normal power system and cyber data to facilitate the identification of anomalous events.
- Working knowledge of intrusion detection, risk assessment frameworks, databases, data structures, computer networking is required as well as an aptitude to apply engineering analysis to solve problems.
- Bachelor in computer science, computer engineering, cyber security, information systems, electrical engineering or related field required.
- Advanced degree in EE, computer science or other related fields strongly preferred.
- Experience in cybersecurity, including cyber security modeling and simulation.
- Experience with intrusion detection and risk assessment frameworks is required.
- Experience in power system modeling and simulation.
- Experience with data analytics including machine learning required.
- Experience with computer programming (Python, C#, SQL) desired.
- Primary work location is in Birmingham, AL, 35203.
- Candidate will work in a hybrid work arrangement reporting in-person/in-office at least 3 days per week (12 days a month).