Sunnyvale, CA US
Duration: 12 + Months Contract
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (On-site)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Protocol Execution & Reporting
- Executes test protocols for clinically based surgical simulation and automated testing utilizing Ion Endoluminal robots and other test equipment
- Identifies and reports problems that arise during testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams
- Provides input on process and fixture improvement throughout test development and execution
- Provides documentation to the cognizant Test Engineer that clearly indicates the results of product testing
- Follows GDP (Good Documentation Process) when filling out test data sheets
- Performs instrument, endoscope and accessory cleaning and reprocessing
- Supports Test engineers to designs test fixtures and other test aids needed to perform Design Verification and Life/ Reliability tests
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED, along with experience working in a hardware production or test environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements.
- Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Relevant experience in a medical device company
- Experience with Matlab, Python, Solidworks or other CAD software.
- Experience using Instron, Force Gauge, Calipers, Microscope.