EPC Project Manager III
Bay City, MI US
Position: EPC Project Manager III
Location: Bay City, MI 48706
Duration of assignment: 12 months with a high possibility of extension
This position requires someone local OR someone who is willing to relocate to Bay City, MI. This is a Project Management hands on position- they will be required out on site 2-3+ days a week, working directly with project engineers, construction contractors, and other engineering project managers.
This position requires the individual work a minimum of 40 hours per week (45-50 typical) with 85% of time spent in the office or specific field locations. Travel is required to job sites and project meetings and could be significant dependent upon location. Individuals need to be willing to work additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
- The EPM Facilities Project Management organization is responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of capital and operations and maintenance projects to maintain safe and reliable facilities at existing Client Service Centers as well as at Client Gas and Electric Generation Plants across the state of Michigan to be prepared to serve our customers.
- The team serves as a resource for providing key project management tools and practices for the Facilities Engineering and Operations team.
- The teams success is measured through delivering on project quality, cost and schedule predictability and delivering safe, reliable projects all in support of the Facilitys and the Companys overall business strategy.
The EPC Project Manager will:
- Plan and manage small to medium sized projects of low to medium complexity
- Provide a positive customer interface while addressing project scope, safety, quality, schedule, and cost issues. Direct high-quality communication with the customer is very important.
- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Work with support groups such as engineering, scheduling, cost controls, construction management, and startup and testing staff to ensure that proper alignments and support occur.
- Work with Architect/Engineering firms, vendors, and contractors to ensure high quality and timely support occurs on assigned projects.
- Provide weekly and monthly project status updates. These updates may be in the form of a report and/or presentation to leadership.
- Meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans that provide timely deliverables to achieve project objectives
- Identify initial risks, issues and constraints impacting project execution
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of development concurrently
- Facilitate the flow of work during a project to ensure that it conforms to the project plan covering forecasting, scoping, planning, scheduling, execution and closeout
- Assume project communication lead role
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
The selected candidate must have:
- 5 or more years of engineering/business experience with demonstrated capability to lead medium scale projects, simultaneously with multiple small scale projects
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Communication skills including verbal, written, meeting facilitation and negotiation
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- A proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Communicating and reporting project status to senior leadership
- Project Management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Unifier or other Project Management Information System.
- Individuals must have a valid drivers license.
- A Bachelor of Science in engineering/business from an accredited college or university. The project manager should have a minimum of two (2) years of experience with similar projects and responsibilities.
Certifications & Licenses:
Project Management Professional Certification