Electrical Engineer 3
Overland Park, KS US
Duration: 06+ months with possible extension
Location: Overland Park, KS
- Functions in a mid-level engineer capacity in a substation design role encompassing distribution, sub transmission and transmission level voltage classes.
- Perform substation design, including physical design, protective relaying/control with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Functions in a mid-level engineer capacity, or technical specialist.
- Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis.
- Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline.
- May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Engineering Standards:
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Client’ s policies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Quality/Continuous Improvement:
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with Client’ s quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production:
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
- May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Project Coordination:
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects.
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Client Focus:
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behaviour and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit.
- Skills Preferred:
- Learning on the Fly.
- Problem Solving.
- Intellectual Horsepower.
- Written Communications.
- Drive For Results.
- Listening and Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- High voltage substations
- Electrical substation design
- Electrical substation
- Business development
- Design engineering
- Electrical engineer
- Engineering design
- Materials selection
- Physical design
- Problem solving
- Project leadership
- Quality program
- Mechanical/electrical engineer
- Substation design