Electrical Engineer 3
Overland Park, KS US
Location: Overland Park, KS
Duration: 4+ months contract
- Functions in a midlevel engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis.
- Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate. Quality/Continuous Improvement .Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts. Engineering
- Production: Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area. May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Project Coordination: Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Client Focus: Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit.
- Learning on the Fly. Problem Solving. Intellectual Horsepower. Written Communications. Drive For Results. Informing. Listening and Dealing with Ambiguity. Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Electrical engineer with electrical engineering experience in power generation, or heavy industrial facilities including but is not limited to the following:
- Creating one line, three line diagram
- Power cable sizing, and selection
- Electrical equipment sizing and selection
- Experience with specifying and procuring electrical equipment such as switchgear, power transformers, UPS, batteries and chargers
- Understand and be able to work within a schedule and manhours budget
- Familiar with applicable NEC and IEEE/ANSI standards
- Prepares complex engineering calculations such as: load flow, short circuit, motor stating Arc flash analysis using ETAP, SKM or other software.
- Prepare electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
Learning on the Fly. Problem Solving. Intellectual Horsepower. Written Communications. Drive For Results. Informing. Listening and Dealing with Ambiguity. Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Prepares and verifies less complex engineering distribution design deliverables.
- Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: overseeing collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work; leading smaller production teams; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
- Distribution design
- Electrical engineer
- Engineering design
- Business development
- Change management
- Design engineering
- Materials selection
- Mechanical/electrical engineer
- Problem solving
- Project leadership
- Quality program