Electrical Engineer 4
Dallas, TX US
Job Title: Electrical Engineer 4
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Dallas, TX
Functions as a technical specialist in a lead substation design role encompassing distribution, sub transmission and transmission level voltage classes. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas. Will lead other engineers and interface directly with clients. Responsible for the overall execution and quality of substation projects as a leader within a team environment.
- Perform substation design, including physical design, protective relaying/control with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods.
- Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline.
- May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Engineering Standards: Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies and procedures relative to assigned tasks. Quality/Continuous Improvement
- Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with quality program. Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments.
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: overseeing collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work; leading smaller production teams; and serving as the responsible charge for a project. Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Client Focus: Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on less complex projects.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on less complex projects.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Written Communications. Drive For Results. Priority Setting.
- Planning. Delegation. Directing Others.
- Conflict Management. Informing. Listening. Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division
- will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- High voltage substations
- Electrical substation design
- Electrical substation
- Business development
- Substation design
- Change management
- Electrical engineer
- Engineering design
- Materials selection
- Physical design
- Quality program
- Conflict management
- Mechanical/electrical engineer