Electrical Engineer I
Jackson, MI US
Duration- 12 months with the Possibility to convert into permanent
As an Electrical Project Engineer with Client' s Gas Metering and Regulation Electrical, Instrumentation and Control organization, your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- Product/process research
- Field technical support during construction
- Specification drafting and review
The M&R EI&C Engineer has many responsibilities. The engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Customer Account Managers, Customer Deliverability, Meter Technology Center, Warehousing, Gas Control and many others.
Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is a must. Examples of this work may include replacement of a specific component at a regulator station or City Gate, or may be as complex as a rebuild of an entire regulation facility.
- Knowledge and Experience with the following is required:
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Digital pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
- Analog/4-20mA signals
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Solid state and electrometrical relays for control applications
- Design/troubleshooting MODBUS serial communication networks
- Electrical valve actuators and solenoid valves
- Electrical Construction practices
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals.
- Candidate must be able to use competent and professional written and verbal communication with project stakeholders including mechanical engineering, information technology, project and construction managers, and construction contractors.
- Practical work experience as an electrician, equipment technician or other related construction labor is desirable.
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is preferred. Alternative degrees (e.G. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience.
- A Professional Engineer license is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is desirable.