Engineering Manager 5
Kansas City, KS US
Job Title: Engineering Manager 5
Duration: 16+ Months
Location: Kansas City, KS ( Remote )
- Solar Engineering Manager - Remote
- The Engineering Manager leads a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to produce deliverables on diverse and challenging Solar projects.
- Our Solar Engineering Manager is given the responsibility for engineering design, material, equipment, and construction specification development for various Solar projects.
- The assignments are varied and will include engineering, construction support, and Engineer Procure & Construct (EPC) projects.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Client’ s policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Independently applies knowledge and complies with Client’ s quality program relative to assigned tasks. May be responsible for ensuring compliance with Client’ s quality program.
- Provides related guidance and direction to others.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Project Execution Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for a project.
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods. Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments.
Is responsible for one or more of the following:
- leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
- May offer other services to the clients.
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement and contract administration.
- Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating.
- Intermediate knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process.
- Intermediate business and financial acumen.
- Intermediate knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure.
- Intermediate knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices.
- Most positions depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country or be in active pursuit.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Budgeting scheduling
- Engineering design
- Change management
- Contract administration
- Financial acumen
- Quality program
- Materials selection
- Body engineering
- Government contract