Engineering Specialist 4
Los Angeles, CA US
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Onsite)
Duration: 06+ Months Contract
- Typical engineering solutions include client network and/or equipment evaluation, network design, site design, site engineering, site surveys, network testing, construction planning and support, construction acceptance, network troubleshooting, migration planning, network commissioning as well as other turn-key network services clients may request.
- Technologies supported may include TDM (DS0/T1/T3), SONET, Ethernet/IP, Packet Transport, Optical Transport Network (DWDM/OTN), and others as required by our clients.
- Both leading edge and legacy technology skills and knowledge are required.
- The successful candidate will, prepare a variety of complex engineering deliverables, perform complex research, and develop recommendations for equipment selection.
- Curiosity and a mindset of continuous learning are essential for success in this role.
- The Utility Telecom Field Engineering Specialist will be responsible for site assessments/audits, site engineering packages, implementation coordination and management, site databasing and troubleshooting.
- The successful candidate will actively coordinate with other internal/external team members.
- This will include communicating with the client and communicating client interests to the internal team members and other subcontractors.
- They may also offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client.
- Participates as technical lead on major projects and application rollouts
- Specifying equipment, create design drawings and layouts, and identify appropriate network architectures
- Gather site survey data, interpret, and formulate organized design documents
- Examples include Network interconnect/cabling, power/fuses, leased circuit, rack profiles drawing, and equipment inventory presented
- Work collaboratively with project management, other engineering groups, external contactors, and the client
- Develop and manage each projects scope, schedule, and budget requirements
- Responsible for developing and adhering to relevant engineering quality processes and procedures
- Routinely interact with clients to identify current and future needs and requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical network design specifications for implementation
- Collaborate, manage, mentor and/or delegate responsibilities to junior engineers
- Assesses industry standards and where appropriate, document them in best practices
- AC/DC Power System Design
- Support continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Produce high quality and accurate reports and documentation
Certifications & Licenses:
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.