Engineering Technician 4
Overland Park, KS US
Position: Engineering Technician 4
Location: - Virtual
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
- The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 4 functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
- May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Engineering Standards: Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and B&V policies and procedures.
- Quality / Continuous Improvement: Proactively applies B&V Quality Program to deliverables. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Engineering Production: Broadening the use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs. May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors. May support field activities.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
- Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client' s main interests and drivers.
- Knowledge Sharing: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes. May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
- People Management: May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Preferred Non-Technical Skills: Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Perseverance, Patience, Time Management, Drive for Results, Self-Development, Listening, Informing
- Preferred Technical Skills: Experience with Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications for design or modeling skills. Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures. Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program. Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles. Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- English Read Write Speak
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- DOCUMENT CONTROL
- ENGINEERING DESIGN
- PROJECT DESIGN
- QUALITY PROGRAM
- AUTO CAD
- BODY ENGINEERING
- DRAFTING DESIGN
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- TRANSMISSION ENGINEERING
- English( Speak, Read, Write )
- Minimum Degree Required Completed High School (Diploma or GED)