GIS Competition Analyst
Lenexa, KS US
Duration: 4 years Contract
GIS Competition Analyst to work on a team that sites and selects wind, solar, hydrogen, and storage projects. This is a highly autonomous role that is responsible for data creation, maintenance, and analysis. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), cartographic principles and possess high technical aptitude and understand. The candidate must be organized, an effective communicator, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and work effectively with individuals both internal and external to Enel. Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance are essential parts of this role. Strong computer skills are required, as well as experience with database-driven applications and GIS software. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with departments within the Enel Green Power Business Development group, including Project Development, Environmental & Permitting, Meteorology, Real Estate and Acquisitions & Structuring.
- Provide GIS and cartographic support to Business Development, including the generation of production quality maps.
- Create and edit accurate GIS data and maintain spatial databases.
- Perform tasks related to industry competition, environmental and other constraints, zoning & permitting requirements, transmission capacity and energy pricing.
- Research government records and online databases to determine land interests.
- Perform informal research to inform renewable energy competition status.
- Prepare products and deliverables for regular presentation to decision-makers and decision-making bodies.
- Research and evaluate public and private datasets to inform the siting of renewable energy.
- Evaluate data submitted by development managers and land acquisition agents related to trusts, probates, corporate entities, and conveyance documents, to determine and confirm execution authority of contracts.
- Work with a software development team to assist in testing applications and tools that assist in automating workflows.
- Bachelor’ s degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Renewable Energy, Computer Science, Engineering or other applicable area.
- Strong skills with Esri ArcGIS desktop software, ArcGIS Online, ArcPro and Portal.
- Minimum of 3 years of GIS work experience using GIS applications such as ArcGIS and related extensions, relational databases, with a broad knowledge of GIS capabilities.
- Experience in renewable energy development, project level evaluation, siting, regional transmission grids, real estate and land records, local and state permitting, environmental studies, economics is preferred.
- Experience with design, development and debugging is preferred.