Government Contracts Analyst
Remote/APC-Bhm, AL US
Job Location: Birmingham, AL (Hybrid)
Job Duration: 6+ Months with possible extension.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, Finance, Business or other technical equivalent.
Experience with administration of federal contracts/grant agreements is required (5+ years of related experience desired).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of common federal contractual terms and practices Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, 2 CFR 200, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/assignments General accounting.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines of the business areas supported Computer skills (MS Excel/MS Office Suite).
- Analytical and interpersonal skills Superior written and oral communication.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills Computer Research abilities and experience.
- Contract administration and compliance support for federal contracts and agreements Support/perform various administration tasks for federal contracts/agreements, subcontracts/subawards and reporting.
- Supporting the entire life cycle of the assigned contract/agreement/subcontract/subaward including defining and meeting requirements, researching regulations/requirements, and closeout processing.
- Supporting the drafting and review of certain contracts/subcontracts/subawards/modifications as directed by Compliance and Legal to ensure compliance with government/federal contractual and regulatory requirements Prepare, organize and maintain electronic database of agreements, contracts or subcontract files to ensure they are properly recorded, filed and available for internal and external audit.
- Support internal and external audits and reviews.
- Work closely with projects teams/business units to ensure compliance with contract terms, regulations and on-going compliance requirements/issues Monitor compliance with company policy and practices as well as federal requirements.