IT Database Administrator II - TEC106
Atlanta, GA US
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339 (100% Remote)
Duration: 3+ months contract (High Possibility of extension)
- Responsible for the definition, creation, and maintenance of the enterprise' s data model. Manage and maintain all production and non-production databases.
- Support multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility of data.
- Analyse, test, and implement physical database design supporting various business applications to include base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Ensure data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database are met through the formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Job Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
- Define data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
- Provide first-level application support; resolve problems and answer questions related to the Database Management System (DBMS) and platform environment; contact vendor support when necessary; facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Provide Database Management System performance monitoring and tuning.
- Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency. Optimize database access and allocate and/or re-allocate database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Perform backup and recovery on Database Management Systems.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor' s Degree