IT Project Manager
Montgomery, AL US
12+ Months Contract
Montgomery, AL (Onsite from Day 1)
- The person in this position will perform project management activities (from initiation to completion and specific phases/parts) as well as engage in project quality assurance and support activities. This position resides in the Project Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) at the Alabama Medicaid Agency.
- The PPMO includes project, resource, and change management personnel in support of the Information Systems and Technology (IST) Department and Agency program (business) areas.
- The position generally has the following responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Gather and provide status updates on a regular basis as appropriate for different audiences.
- Facilitate open and effective communication channels for the project team and stakeholders using verbal and written methods and different tools as appropriate.
- Create and maintain project schedules, resources, budgets, and scope requirements, and address areas of concern with the appropriate groups.
- Monitor project quality, changes, conflicts, risks, and issues as well as provide guidance to the project team through identification, analysis, mitigation and resolution.
- Participate on teams including members from technical and functional areas using varying tools and methods in order to accomplish products and deliverables; and assist in removing roadblocks. Perform IT project quality assurance reviews on select projects and report items that do not meet Agency policies and procedures.
- Support the PPMO division as necessary by aiding other PPMO members on their projects and activities as well as providing feedback on the process and tools used by the group.
- Project Management (Project Management Life Cycle, Software Development Life Cycle)
- Schedule Management (MS Project or similar tools)
- Stakeholder and Communications Management (internal and external)
- Risks and Issues Management
- Requirements, Scope and Project Change Management
- Quality, Testing, and Deployment Management
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Conferencing (Microsoft Teams, Web-ex, or similar products)
- 10+ years of IT project management experience to include managing projects with an extended duration and coordination of people from different stakeholder areas.
- 5 years of experience of managing State Government or Healthcare related projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in any major.